Connecting with Facebook Leads
Connect with your Facebook business page to sync new subscribers from your active Lead Ads, maximizing the return on your advertising budget. Seguno automatically creates new subscribers in your Shopify account as your prospects sign up, allowing you to create a seamless customer experience, capitalize on your prospects' attention, and drive more sales and loyalty.
On this page
- About Facebook Leads connection
- Facebook Lead Ads
- Connecting to available Facebook pages
- Processing new leads
- Updating or deactivating pages
About Facebook Leads connection
Seguno's connection uses your Facebook admin permissions to sync new leads from your Facebook ads into your Shopify account as subscribed customers. Facebook leads connect functions as an event listener, meaning Seguno respects your privacy and only accesses data when the subscription event occurs, bringing prospects signing up through your ads.
App permissions for Facebook leads connection are approved when registering in Seguno and can be reviewed in your Facebook Settings under Business Integrations.
Any denied or revoked permissions will disable your leads sync. Permissions listing is for data transparency.
Facebook Leads connection uses the following permissions:
- Show a list of the pages you manage - used to configure which page's lead ads will sync to your Shopify account
- Access leads for your Pages - used to identify the email addresses of your new leads
- Read content posted on the Page - identifies lead ads and collected follower's email address pages
- Manage accounts, settings, and webhooks for a Page - allows Lead Connect to listen for new leads
- Create and manage ads for your Page - required to see the leads coming from each ad
Seguno does not share your data, store or access your Facebook data beyond the outlined intentions, post to or modify your Facebook page, and will delete data used to access your Facebook leads within 48hrs after an account is disconnected.
Facebook Lead Ads
Lead Ads are among the most popular and effective ways to collect new, engaged prospects from your Facebook community by simplifying subscription. Ads can be targeted by using look-a-like audiences based on your shop's current VIPs, or you can target your ideal demographic by leveraging Facebook's information (such as age, location, interests, or other behavioral data), giving you access to a potentially large number of new prospects for your shop.
If you're unfamiliar with Facebook Lead Ads, start learning with Facebook's Business Center articles and be sure to follow their best practices, especially with linking the confirmation page to your shop.
While budgeting for your ad is an essential component of driving traffic, keep in mind that these new subscribers should be nurtured through email marketing to convert them to loyal customers. Capitalize on their interest quickly with an automated Welcome series, and consider if you need to set up a Customer Tagged automation for more specific nurturing. Learn more about automations.
Connecting to your Facebook pages
To start syncing new leads from your Facebook page, navigate to the Connections card on your Seguno Dashboard, and log in to view the Facebook business pages you can access. Admin permission is required to enable the connection for each page.
Be sure to review Facebook Leads connections requested permissions and accept all permissions to enable your connection. Lead imports are processed for all ads associated with the Facebook page and can be enabled or disabled at any point. Once enabled, Lead Connect will begin importing new leads to your Shopify account. The number of leads imported is tracked based on each page.
If Leads Access Manager is enabled in your Facebook Business Manager settings, you'll need to add access for Seguno in the CRM Integrations section of your Business Manager settings for Seguno. Learn more from Facebook.
This connection does not support co-registration leads, and each Facebook page may be linked to one Seguno account at a time.
Connecting with an existing Facebook Lead Ad will not backfill previously collected leads. No leads will import or queue for import if a page is not enabled for syncing.
Processing new leads
New leads will be imported in near-realtime with the available information for your prospect's first name, last name, and email address. Leads will be set to a subscribed status and will be tagged with "facebook-leads-connection"
If some data for a lead already exists in your account, the existing values will not be overwritten - they will only be updated to subscribed and the tag will be applied.
It is a best practice to have a Welcome email automated to send to all new subscribers, but some leads may benefit from more specific messaging that can be automated through the Customer Tagged automation with the facebook-lead-connection tag.
Updating or deactivating pages
If your lead connection is active for a Facebook page, Seguno will automatically detect new lead ads and import resulting leads. If you need to deactivate a page, you may simply toggle it off and Seguno will be able to resume sync at a later time.
If you disconnect your account, Seguno will delete all data used to access the leads within 48hrs and is compliant with GDPR regulation.
Seguno does not share your data, store or access your Facebook data beyond the outlined intentions, post to or modify your Facebook page, and will delete data used to access your Facebook leads with 48hrs after an account is disconnected.
Error messages have been configured to help you avoid common issues preventing your leads from syncing to your account. Use this list to help identify and solve connection issues before they impact your new leads.
- This page is currently being used by another account.
- Each Facebook page may only be linked to one Seguno account at a time. If you have multiple stores, verify this page is not incorrectly enabled for one of your other shops.
- This page has no active forms.
- Seguno's Facebook connection uses lead forms to bring new subscribers into your Shopify account. Your page may be running other types of ads on Facebook that are not intended to collect new subscribers. Learn more from Facebook.
- At least one form must capture the email field.
- Forms that do not collect email addresses cannot be used to collect new subscribers for your account. If you believe your form is collecting email addresses, please verify the field type is "email_address", and not text. It is important to use the correct field type as it includes address formatting validation.
- You do not have admin access to this page.
- The Facebook account that was used to register your connection in Seguno does not have admin permissions for this page. Verify your account has admin permissions with other administrators on the account, or you may disconnect and reconnect with the admin account.
- There was an error testing this connection. Leads are not being imported
- This page is likely using the more advanced permission for Leads Access Manager in your Facebook Business Manager settings. With this permission enabled, you'll need to add access for Seguno in the CRM Integrations section of your Business Manager settings for Seguno. Learn more from Facebook.