Shopify POS integration: View subscriber profile
On this page
Add Seguno to your POS
- Tap on the Add tile button
- Select App as the type of tile to add
- Select Seguno: Email Marketing from your list of apps
- There are two options - tap Add for the action type to be able to view subscriber profiles on your POS.
- Tap the Done button to save the new action tile to your POS dashboard.
Grow your subscriber list with POS
To get started, add your customer to the cart.
If the customer already has a record with your shop, you simply need to add them by searching their name or email address and selecting them from the search results. If they have not shopped with you before, you can add them by using the Add new customer option.
If you create a new customer, be sure to ask them if they would like to sign up for emails and set the Accepts marketing flag appropriately.
Tip: Work on your language when asking a shopper if they want to sign up - you want convey the value of subscribing to your newsletters. Mention what types of newsletters you send - product announcements, sales, insider updates - and assure them you don't share email addresses or spam your list. If your shop includes a discount code in your Welcome automation, let the customer know they may be able to use that discount on this purchase to incentivize signups.
Do not subscribe a shopper if you did not explicitly ask if they want to subscriber or if they decline. Subscribing customers without consent is a quick way to the Spam folder.
Apply an active discount code
If a shopper indicates they've received a discount code or just did by signing up, you can apply that discount code without them having to scroll through their inbox.
- Use the Seguno View subscriber profile action
- Search for the customer by name or email address and select them from the results.
- From their Seguno subscriber profile, you will see the Recent discounts panel. You can tap the more actions menu on the discount you want to apply and select Copy discount code to save it to your clipboard.
Close the subscriber profile to return to the POS main menu. There are two ways to apply the code to the cart: you can use the Apply discount action from the POS dashboard; or use the More actions menu to apply the discount when viewing the cart summary.
Select the Discount code type and paste the code from your clipboard. Tap Save to apply the code.
The above instructions are for the new version of Shopify POS. If you're still using Shopify POS Classic, the action is located here on the Cart page: