Remailing a newsletter to non-openers
When you’ve sent an important newsletter or are running a special promotion, you want to make sure as many people see it as possible. With a couple of clicks, you can remail a newsletter to just those who did not open your first attempt and, if applicable, automatically include the exact same discount code they received initially. The Remail non-openers button will appear on the detail page of a newsletter after it has already been sent.
After clicking the button, you'll be able to set the title, subject, and preview text for the newsletter you're about to create.
The content of the original newsletter will be copied over and you are free to customize the content or change any other aspect of this newly created newsletter with the exception of its recipients, those will be locked. The recipients will be based on who has not opened the original newsletter at the time the remail is sent, not the time the remail was created, so you can schedule sending for the future.
If the original newsletter had a discount, the remail will automatically be set to include the exact same discount code each subscriber had received initially. That goes for unique codes too! You can modify the discount if you choose to but that option will remain available.
Tips for success
- Modify the subject and maybe the preview text too. An entirely new subject is also a good way to go because the subject and preview text are meant to entice someone to open your email and if what you wrote the first time didn't work, try something new. Sometimes people just missed the email though so, at the very least, add some text to the beginning of your original subject. For example: "ICYMI: " or "Last chance: " might work well in certain situations.
- You are welcome to customize the content of the remail but that's up to you. Remailing non-openers means they never saw the original content so its effectiveness was not tested on this group. If the click rate on the original newsletter is lower than you normally see then consider tweaking the content of the remail to better optimize for conversion but you can just leave it otherwise.
- Depending on your newsletter sending frequency, do not remail every single newsletter you send. As long as you're being very fresh with your remail subjects and preview texts then that can be more okay to do but otherwise it will feel too repetitive. Monitor your unsubscribe and complaint rates for remailed newsletters to see if those start to increase and adjust your strategy accordingly.
- Make sure any discount codes used will still be active for enough time after the remail is sent. Keep in mind how the Discount Reminder automation comes into play here as well so you don't overwhelm people.
- Certain situations may demand a quicker remail but the suggested time to wait is 1-3 days. You can experiment with this to see what works best. Maybe start by trying 1 day for more pressing needs and 3 days for normal cases. There's also a time where it may be too late to try remailing a newsletter and, in most cases, that would probably be in the 5-7 day range. Anything longer than that is likely not worth doing but, like all things, it depends on your own situation.
Have questions? Reach out to Support.
* NOTE: This feature is only available to paid Seguno users but free users will be asked if they want to start a free trial to gain access to this feature immediately.