Email Marketing Analytics and Reports
We wanted to make it easy for you to see the data of any specific newsletter or automation and have three areas where you can track your email marketing analytics.
On this page
Tracking your email marketing
For a general overview, here is a short breakdown of what each metric means:
- Open Rate - The percentage of delivered emails that were opened by your subscribers.
- Click Rate - The percentage of delivered emails that subscribers opened and actually clicked on any link inside of the email. This does include clicks on the unsubscribe link.
- Sales - The total revenue of sales generated by the email and the number of orders placed. When a subscriber clicks through a Seguno email and places an order within 5 days of receiving the email, it will be recorded as a sale attributed to email marketing.
- Delivery Rate - The percentage of sent emails accepted by the inbox providers and not returned as a hard or soft bounce. It does not guarantee inbox placement.
- Unsubscribe Rate - The percentage of subscribers that chose to no longer receive emails from you as determined by their clicking of the unsubscribe button at the bottom, the optional unsubscribe link at the top, or some inbox providers provide a link to unsubscribe outside (the option to unsubscribe is mandatory) in your email footer. An unsubscribe rate of about 1% is nothing to be concerned about. Our Spam Protect system will unsubscribe bots and fake emails, but we encourage you to clean your list of inactive subscribers as they will hurt your deliverability and open rates.
- Complaint Rate - Also known as a "Spam Complaint", this stat refers to the number of times your email has been flagged as spam. An acceptable rate is 0.1% or lower, that’s 1 for every 1,000 emails sent.
- Bounce Rate - A "bounce" occurs when emails cannot be delivered to email addresses and the percentage of emails in a mailing list that did not receive the email campaign is the "bounce rate." Try to keep your bounce rate at 5% or less to not hurt your deliverability.
Please note that high complaint and bounce rates are not good and can lead to the suspension of your Seguno account. It is our job to uphold the ethics of good email marketing practices.
1) Celebrate your lifetime revenue generated by Seguno by viewing these statistics at the top of your Seguno dashboard:
2) The first spot shows the metrics for each email newsletter and automation by going to its corresponding detail page:
3) If you click on any of the counts displayed above, they will take you to a table of those customers:
4) Each newsletter and automation also has its own detailed conversion report compiled by Seguno which you can find by selecting "View report" here:
5) You may also view Shopify's report on the very same emails by going to Shopify>Marketing and scrolling down to "campaigns created outside of Shopify Marketing." Please keep in mind that the filter on this report is automatically set to 30 days, so if you want to see older data associated with the promotion you can change the date filter here:
Tracking parameters for analytics
Seguno automatically appends three tracking parameters (UTMs) to all links to allow you to track these events in Shopify analytics and in your third-party analytic platforms (such as Google Analytics.)
- utm_campaign=Shopify's unique ID to track marketing event attribution